MACD SWING TRADING STRATEGY
"Trading the H4 Timeframe using MACD Histogram"
■ Style: Swing Trading Strategy
■ Name: MACD Swinger Trading Strategy
■ Forex Majors | ■ Metals and Energy | ■ Stocks | ■ Indices
H4 timeframe (4-Hour)
INDICATORS & SETUP
This strategy is applied using solely the Moving average convergence divergence (MACD).
The default MACD settings are used:
- Fast EMA: 12
- Slow EMA: 26
- MACD SMA: 9
Note: You can alternatively combine MACD with RSI or Stochastic in order to confirm further your trading signals
This is how you may implement the MACD Swinger Strategy. This MACD strategy is very simple and can be used by anyone.
■ (↑) Long Trades
1. The MACD histogram turns from negative to positive.
2. As the MACD histogram in moving from positive to negative, we must wait for 4 positive MACD bars.
3. When the 4th bar is confirmed we enter a long trade.
4. The Stop-Loss is set to the lower price on the chart that corresponds to the recent MACD histogram low.
■ (↓) Short Trades
1. As the MACD histogram is moving from positive to negative we prepare a short-trade.
2. We must wait for 4 negative MACD bars.
3. When the 4th negative bar is confirmed we enter a short trade.
4. The Stop-Loss is set to the higher price on the chart that corresponds to the recent MACD histogram high.
■ Take Profit: The average take profit in H4 timeframe is 300-400 pips
■ Stop-Loss: The average stop-loss in H4 timeframe is 150-200 pips
■ Profit/Loss Ratio: 2
CHART: MACD Swinger
■ MACD Swinger Trading Strategy